View Single Post
Old 12-14-13, 01:44 PM   #164
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
The two layouts in question are shown below. One has 6" spacing, the other 5" spacing. I am using aluminum heat spreader plates.
You might want to verify what the minimum bending radius of your selected PEX is specified to be.

Different brands of PEX seem to have slightly different bending radius specs.

For instance the U-turn of your 5" spaced floor would have a bending diameter of 5", so its bending radius would be 2.5".

One strategy to get closely spaced tubing, and not violate specified bending radius, is to use a serpentine layout. That way your corners will be have a liberal, minimum bending radius, your tubing can be as close as you want, and you will only be confronted with one critical radius. That would be the one in the center, which can be done so as to allow the minimum bend, and adjust by bringing the center tubes a bit closer.

Even at this late stage, I'd recommend Watts RadiantWorks. It's free, and very thorough.

If you modeled your room, with the insulation you have and the temperatures you want to work with, you'd most likely not change anything... but you would proceed with greater confidence.

-AC
MN Renovator (12-14-13)