View Single Post
Old 07-04-15, 09:48 PM   #1
nibs
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Ugly electric tractor.

Some flikr shots of the worlds ugliest electric tractor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/techni...57655044675279

You can see the blade, fixed by a chain to the forks, being operated by the forklift winch. (a HF 2500# winch, note the remote failed within about 6 weeks use so I put in a golf cart reversing switch which was laying around in my parts bin)
We do quite a bit of cement work, so I rigged the wheel barrow..... oops the wheel is gone so its just a barrow. The picks show it placing dirt, for cement I raised the mixer so that it could dump into the barrow, then off to the formwork.
winch the barrow up & put a bar under the handles. lower the barrow until it is close to dumping, then it is easy to lift the barrow by hand to dump the mud.
Moved the batteries into a box mounted behind the rear wheels, traction gallore.
Originally had the 4pcs 6V golf cart batts where the engine had been.
Took two 24 V push mower motors and blades, installed them into a deck, which mounts Under the forks and uses the fork winch for height control, the mower works ok but does not do as even a job as a belly mower.

Still using a solenoid resistor set up for speed control, just do not have the resources to get a whizz bang controller.

Latest uses for the tractor, placing concrete into ICF forms did about a 4 bag pour, tough going for this ole geezer, and a few days ago lifted 4 18ft beams, 6"X8" off the ground and onto the flat roof area where they will be used as part of the roof.

If anyone wants to bring the photos in properly feel free, this ole geezer is just not computer literate any more.

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 08-12-15 at 12:35 PM..
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nibs For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (08-13-15)