View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 09:46 AM   #398
pladijs
Lurking Renovator

Default PE and PP glue

I will say that I like counter flow design as well .

Won't be able to finish my project any time soon, but I keep thinking about the design. I thought to go for an upscaled version of Ham789's counter-current core. Scaled up to measure something like 1.6m in length, with 30 or so frames of 3.5 mm thick (times two counting the framed space between two plates). At least that's the length and thickness of the plates I have been able to buy cheap. I like to keep the width of the frames limited (say 30cm) and make that up by making lots of plates. That's more work, but I would otherwise be afraid that the air would search the shortest route between the plates and some parts would hardly get any air.

A choice that keeps me awake at night is whether the benefit of having both fans on the "hot" side of the core makes up for the inconvenience that for the fan blowing air into the core is "centralised", I you catch my drift, blowing very strongly into a narrow area. In stead, I could have both fans sucking air out of the core, which would distribute the pressure more evenly... but then I have to place on of them on the cold humid side, which the fan won't like too much. Am I exagerating these concerns? Perhaps that is simply a disadvantage of axial fans which I did not consider. I am installing this in a close space, there is no way to get the fan installed further away from the core.

I am still tempted to glue up this entire core up and just take it out and hose it in the shower with some soap, every other year or so. As i was looking for glue, I ran accross this which I wanted to share with you as it seems more affordable than lots of glue I see.

technicoll® 9110 - Ihr Online-Shop für technische Klebstoffe, Kleber, Dichtstoffe, Schraubensicherung und mehr
(fluid, for glueing surfaces)

technicoll® 9310 Heißklebesticks - Ihr Online-Shop für technische Klebstoffe, Kleber, Dichtstoffe, Schraubensicherung und mehr
(for heatgun)
pladijs is offline   Reply With Quote