View Single Post
Old 02-01-13, 05:12 AM   #389
kostas
Helper EcoRenovator

I was working on the operational part of my DIYHRV.
In this hypothesis I used Fornax's Comair motors and tried to figure how the various apparatus I'd like to use generally fit and combine.
Here is a first draft:

You can also see a small design concept video I uploaded on the Tube:

Here is the parts description

1.Fresh air entrance (from roof)
2.Filters chamber (insect metal screen and fine dust or furnace filter). I was also planning to install a small UVC insecticidal lamp here, but it's still a maybe.
3. Pre heating exchanger (low power, hooked on my propane home heater by a separate circuit)
4. Dual coe HX
5. Condense drain metal sink
6. Post heating exchanger (as n.3 but with more power, like 2Kw or so)
7. Humidifier system (don't know how yet, maybe a free dropping water system)
8. Inlet motor
9. In house plenum
10. To the inlet ducts (living room and bedrooms)
11. Stale air plenum and filters (from bathrooms, kitchen and corridor)
12. Exhaust motor
13. Air exit (to the roof).

Ducts n.1 and 13 will be obviously much more distant from each other (3mts)
Another option would be to intersect them (1 to 13) by a motorized valve for the recycling mode.

In winter I'm planning to pre and post heat the incoming air using my heater as long as it takes to change all the air in the house. Pre heating is mandatory to prevent frosting and the post heating fills the temperature gap between the HX outlet and the house ambient.
After that the system would switch to the recycling mode for an equal distribution of the internal heat (no pre and post heating).
Same work in the summer, when it's hot and humid outside and with the A/C on in the house. (obviously heating is off).
If i'ts cooler and less humid outside then motor n.12 goes off and lets only fresh cool air enter the house.

What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 02-01-13 at 08:14 AM..
kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kostas For This Useful Post:
poorwill (06-20-21), tapa (03-24-13)