View Single Post
Old 01-16-13, 03:21 PM   #1
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default AC Hacks a Heat Pump

Thanks to a tip from stalwart EcoRenovator Geo NR Gee, I got lucky and found this magnificent piece for $35. (Outside unit only, no inside unit.)

My purpose in buying it is to convert it from Air-In-Air-Out to Air-In-Water-Out so that I can use it to heat hydronic floors.

I wanted a unit that used R22 because of the higher hacking potential (check), and also I wanted a unit that was NOT inverter technology (check). In all honesty, an inverter tech unit would be much more efficient, but the technical barriers involved in hacking one have not yet been breached, that I know of.

So, either I have a brand new unit that is in great shape or I have inherited a total lemon.

The unit has Model Number: AS0RD12AA0G1

I have searched for technical information, such as service information and schematics, but have been unable to locate anything other than owners manual, and sales literature.

Actually owning an indoor unit would be only marginally useful to me, but having schematics would be very useful.

I anticipate that the fan has maybe three speeds, while the compressor has but one.

There will likely be some communication issues involved in realizing the potential of this unit.

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

SOME PICS:

Best,

-AC_Hacker

Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 01-16-13 at 03:54 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote