View Single Post
Old 09-10-19, 05:07 PM   #163
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Today a bit of an interesting event. But first a little history. Yesterday mostly sunny and a full pack at 7:00pm. Dinner was cooked on our electric stove top and a meatloaf in the oven again electric. A load of wash took place after followed by a half hour of tumble drying. I had mentioned to my significant other that we probably would not have enough power to dry the load completely. So she put the clothes on the drying rack to finish drying.

I have to encourage her to embrace the new solar power system to change habit and do high energy tasks during noon time. She has the habit of doing these tasks off peak with time of use grid costs.

Last night was uneventful and we coasted though the night off grid. The morning light (thin overcast) started the charge as usual we cooked breakfast and had showers all those menial morning tasks. At 10:30am the car is scheduled to start charging and thats when the clouds rolled in. About noon we had exceeded the batteries capacity and the system shut down.

No real problem the car has lots of charge, so stop the charge and the house battery recovered in 1/2 hr and we resumed the off grid life style.

As of about 6:00pm we have a full charge to do it all again.

High energy demands and irradiance conditions still can complicate things. But it sure beats a power bill!!!

I can see where a huge 85kwh battery would be nice!!!

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote