View Single Post
Old 08-07-14, 10:37 AM   #43
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
I imagine the teacher will be sending home info flyers home soon for all of us old people to sign or pay fees or both. You know how high school is if you're a parent: any activities worth your kids' time cost extra. IMHO, the money spent will pay me back forever in one way or another.
Now you're talking about the dissatisfaction of a political system, which in name only (democracy), is designed to benefit 'the many', that has been wholly overtaken by an economic system (capitalism) which by design, quite effectively maximizes benefit for 'the few'.

You can be sure that the children of the paid-for politicians and the children of the families who finance the system that keeps the paid-for politicians in place, are all sent to excellent schools (that you have probably never heard of) where there is never any shortage of first-rate teachers, and no limit to supplies and opportunities.

To top it off, in our lower-tier 'public education' it is forbidden to discuss the existence and basis of these inequities, the topic has even been excised from the curriculum, before it ever gets printed.

-AC