View Single Post
Old 06-17-15, 11:23 AM   #1756
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_NL View Post
...A rare find it is, I've never seen heatpumps at such an auction before. It really helped that I'll need the smallest unit, others went for about three times the price...
Congratulations on your heat pump find. I hope that it will work out to your satisfaction.

However, I think that it would be most appropriate for you to start a new thread regarding your project. You can link from this thread to your new project.

This thread, "The Homemade Heat Pump Manifesto", is actually for people who want to build their own heat pumps from scratch, rather than buy packaged units to deploy. To my knowledge, there is no other site on the Internet that caters to this particular interest, so I prefer to reserve this space for those people.

I have a keen interest in you new build and, I will be joining you in your new project thread... as will a very large number of other EcoRenovators.

BTW, I do have a suspicion that if you pursue the Passive House goal, and wish to use a GSHP for supplemental heat, the unit you bought will be over-sized by a large margin. If things turn out that way, come on back to this thread, because that kind of work would be a great fit for the 'Manifesto'.

In fact, not being able to find a heat pump small enough, is exactly why I decided to build my own heat pump and subsequently started this thread.

Best of luck in your project, Marc!

Sincerely,

-AC_Hacker