View Single Post
Old 01-05-15, 10:46 PM   #1719
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWarm View Post
Yes, I understand that's how you see it.
I don't like to argue, so I don't.
As I read your drilling reporting, it seems to have said you found drier ground under a 'hardpan' and never found the water table.
Only trying to help.
IWarm
I actually think that in some areas, there can be more than one water-bearing layer.

I believe that my general area is one of those, but I think that my specific location is not.

What I was trying to convey in the 'Manifesto' was that I hit a year-round wet layer at 17 feet, then hard pan... so I stopped drilling.

It is possible that if I went deeper, I might find more wet layers. However, I live on a bluff, with no higher ground anywhere close. There may not be any wet layers deeper down.

> Only trying to help

I'm not exactly sure what kind of help you are offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWarm View Post
Yes, but the commercial process doesn't include a geologic study or a follow-up performance analysis. 'Around here' rules of thumb are applied presale. Local knowledge will not always get it right.
Finding the water table will go far to insuring good performance and is likely to also minimize field cost.
IWarm
I hope you noticed that I linked to a study, that might point the way for a DIY guy to do an analysis of a borehole.

But enough talk of theory, the proof is in the pudding.

I will very interested to see how your project progresses.

Don't forget to include as much project detail as possible and lots of photos.

This will help others who embark on similar projects in the future.

Best of luck,

-AC_Hacker