View Single Post
Old 11-15-11, 02:04 PM   #13
Daox
Administrator

I'd have to agree with AC Hacker. I just helped my friends move into their first house. I took a look through the house mentally keeping track of things that could use improvement as I know my friend will want some tips in the future. So, we meander downstairs to see a brand new boiler which I took a glimpse at the energy star tag to see a very disappointing 82% efficiency. Its clear the seller was only looking out for #1 when they replaced it. They also did the same thing with a few windows they replaced (previous ones were broken single panes). The stickers were on them and have a U-value of .49 (R value is 2). Its obvious they found the darn near the cheapest thing to shove in there that they could.

I know this is a pie is the sky idea, but wouldn't it be great if people just did the right freakin thing? So, this seller buys a cheapo boiler only to move into a new place where that seller did the same thing and the cycle of idiocy continues and nobody really saves money or fuel. But, they got their extra couple hundred dollars in their pocket so they think they really made out good.

*Disclaimer: This small rant was not directed at anyone here. It just reminded me of this weekend's activies and the short sightedness of the masses and the never ending quest of the almighty dollar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote