View Single Post
Old 09-27-13, 05:18 PM   #9
Courtney
Lurking Renovator

Default update

I finally got a reply from my roofer. This is his email-reply to the email I sent him 3 days ago telling him my choice is Energy-Star-rated Silver Birch, and here's his reply, cut and pasted:

"I'm guessing you have seen a actual sample of the silver birch?"

So, I'm feeling like I have been begging for this roof. This has been going on for days. Here's what I wrote back to him today, cut and pasted:

"Yes, Sir! I've seen the sample in person and am aware that it is an extremely pale color. I can see why you'd ask if I've seen it, since it is sooo white-silver-gray. I realize you probably feel obligated to be sure I'm aware of how extremely pale it is, and to point out that any streaking or dirt will be much more visible on that color. No need! I promise you that I am fully aware of all of that! I've seen roofs with that color, and I love the pale, pale, gray roofs on houses like mine with the pinkish brick and white siding. Also, I like that it has the Energy Star rating, since I have no central air, and I have a low tolerance for hot temperatures. I want you to know I am delighted that I can get that roof - I feel 100% confident in my decision."
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote