View Single Post
Old 11-08-13, 03:37 PM   #21
peacmar
Lurking Renovator

Well that's the basic idea, first order of business will be to design an air handler that will move the damp air around and second is to find the parts to do so. I think it will be a batch load system at first until I can work out some sort of idea of the capabilities of such a system. Quarts per hour or whatever it happens to be. I can easily tap into the boiler lines at any point in the basement to put the regeneration unit wherever works best. Now, I have all winter to scheme this up and put it into motion. Unfortunately I won't be able to truly test it out till spring arrives. Thinking about it now, I already have created an air exchange loop for my clothes drier and could use a damper system to circulate outside air into the drier and moist air outside. I wonder if convection currents would suffice or if I would need to force air. I guess that depends on the amount of moisture absorbed and the humidity of the outside air. Many things to prepare and test before I can call it a working system. Then, eventually, when I am able to construct a solar heater for my mass storage tank, I will hopefully be able to run the system without burning wood. As the future plan is to use solar as a primary heat source and wood fired heat as backup.

peacmar is offline   Reply With Quote