View Single Post
Old 09-27-10, 09:10 AM   #16
Higgy
The Gardener

Ok, I'm the next victim of this dual flush operation. I installed my HydroRight last night on my 6 Litre American Standards toilet. Seems to be working well so far. One of the toughest things I had an issue with was taking off the old handle. I didn't realize that you had to take off the locknut or whatever in a clockwise fashion...and here I was tightening the damn thing. I eventually ripped the damn handle off cause I had tightened it so hard it wasn't loosening. Needless to say the toilet survived the encounter, although I was eyeing my hammer so it did have a brush with death. In any case, once I got it out it was a fairly simple job. Once I got the first piece on the overflow pipe it was just a little hard to get my fingers into the bowl and find room to tighten the tie. Then once it was tightened and everything was firmly in place the other part I found a bit difficult was getting the top part of the hydroright locked into place on the bottom part with the wire either hitting the overflow pipe or the edge of the tank. I finally was able to move it around it and get it into place. After that it was just adjusting the water tank level and playing with the pee and poop flow regulators. My pee one is all the way to the bottom, so it's using the most water needed to flush pee. If I put it any higher it doesn't fully flush the toilet. It just fills it up with more water. For the poop regulator, I have it all the way to the top, so it's using the least amount of water for that.

I only put it on one of our toilets so far just to see how it works. I've read good and bad reviews so I want to make sure this thing works well first. But so far it's doing well.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote