View Single Post
Old 04-03-15, 02:59 PM   #104
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Well Winter here is giving up the fight. And what a match it was- Extremely Cold and windy for extended periods. My electric bill took a beating. Really glad the oil man is not allowed here anymore.

The shop remained comfortable for the whole season. The DIY geothermal heat-pump purred away without a hiccup.
I will be perfectly honest, there were days -22 Deg. C. and wind out of the north that caused the pump to run almost non stop all day and night at an approximate 4 Ton output (adjustable variable frequency drive)
Saving a few bucks was the goal. But the Tool Maker was kept comfortable for a meager amount of money during a very harsh winter by a homemade heat-pump.

I was quite concerned about the health of the ground loop. I saw a temp of 2.4 Deg. C. from the loop during the coldest week. But it provided the heat required.

We had a increase in the cost of KWHs Nov. 2014. That coupled with the extra cold season threw my anticipation of heating costs out the window. I will review the costs and post the results. But again it would be no comparison to what the oil-man would present.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (04-03-15), Daox (04-03-15)