View Single Post
Old 02-16-13, 07:32 PM   #27
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Thanks guys

I have the unit inplace. It was alot of work, took the hole day. As I loaded the compressor up it got noisey. Damm liquidation junk. It would seem to produce a lot of heat. Jeff the suction line HX has a delta T of 4.6 Deg C. This should have some effect on efficiency. Don't worry I made sure there is ample flow.

The pressures are 60 suction and 230psi liquid. I had played with the TXV up to 375psi and it got noisier than the recips. I had.

The VFD is really nice. I'm going to phone the liquidator to see if he has another compressor. I'm worried being its really heavy that the courier dropped it bending something on the inside that you would only notice after you put some presure on the system. I get a really good head presure and it seams to draw the right current but judging from my commercial scroll units I have at home, its quite noisey. If something is interferring and it starts to make metal it will all be junk. How would you wash out all the metal to not cause an early death to the next compressor.

I did check to make sure it had oil before I brazed it together. It looks like I may be putting together number 4 GSHP I really didn't want to go into mass production.

Looks like I'll be reinstalling the little 2 Ton

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote