View Single Post
Old 08-22-14, 09:59 AM   #3
dablack
Helper EcoRenovator

I will for sure check more on Building Science. I was also just reading on GreenBuildingAdviser.

Thanks for the info on the work Fine Homebuilding did on the tape. That is the kind of info I'm looking for.

I'm very familiar w the rain screen. I'm thinking I will go with some 1x4s 24"OC to set the siding off.

I think I've got the Blue XPS. It is being delivered tomorrow. I'm really pleased it is 21' long. Much less taping and less chance for air. On the front and back of the house, it will be one long piece from top to bottom. On the gable end, the peak is 25' up so there will be some horizontal taping there, but at least it will be under the deep eave (16").

We are in east texas so stopping the hot moist air infiltration is a big deal. You should see how much water our ACs produce!

Since I have your attention:
I was thinking going three layers over the whole house, but I could go four layers on the roof and then two layers on the house. I do plan to come back and do spray foam under the roof deck in a couple of years and that is why I thought it would be good to get three layers on the walls.

Thoughts?
dablack is offline   Reply With Quote