View Single Post
Old 03-05-16, 09:54 AM   #1877
Mobile Master Tech
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
MMT,

Have you actually read through the 'Manifesto' thread? .... Helping people actually involved right now in projects is what the Manifesto thread is all about.

OK MMT, do your stuff...

Sincerely,

-AC_Hacker
Thanks for the "Thank You", Zwerius! And to others who will surely do the same.

AC, I have read it twice and have been an active participant since THIS PAGE. I'm on my the third read now because there is so much good info it is easy to forget some. It is important to reference back to important content or make quick summaries since this thread is so large, and I try not to go into detail unless something is new, like I did about keeping perspective about fire risk, even with a non-flammable refrigerant.

Yes, I scan and am aware of these, as well as numerous good threads under other topics. I have contributed to many. Contributing significantly to all or even reading them all would be a fulltime job, but I try to see if others are aware of the major threads and direct them to them if not. I try to make sure important relevant information can be found in those threads, of which yours is the runaway "bestseller." I also try to make sure new threads get some responses so the author is aware there are others actively "on the other end of the line."

It seems there IS lots of discussion here about things you need to consider when undertaking a HP project and all it's related facets, not just documenting them or offering Q&A. Please give all of us some guidance on how to tell when a thread is or is not a discussion thread and what is ok or not ok within them. I'm not the first person to be chided for putting something here you didn't want. Perhaps an edit to post #1 describing what you want ongoing posts to be like?

Do you have any comments on my proposed solution to keep this thing focused where you want, or an improved suggestion?

Jibreel and Don, I am happy to help. I don't want to clutter with answers to something someone already answered well, but please feel free to ask anything you want to know more about, if you can't find it in this thread and the others referenced.

Jibreel, I have posted costs and sources for many of the materials I have used if you search my posts. I'm not familiar with sources in your area, but there is always ebay or similar.