View Single Post
Old 02-18-16, 04:17 PM   #7
samerickson89
Lurking Renovator

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies so soon!

If I recall correctly, the total square footage is 2700 (including the unfinished basement). It's also got a 2 car attached garage, but there's tubing in the concrete that I plan on just hooking up once I get a geothermal system set up. It's all spray foam insulated, has a pretty big living room window, 4 more on the main floor, three skylights and a sliding glass door on the second floor, and a cupola up top with 5 small windows around it. Electric is 200A to the house but for some reason there's only 100A to the breaker box. I do have propane but once that's used up I'd like to switch to natural gas (only as a backup, and possibly for cooking). So far my daily usage has been around 12-18 kWh in the winter, and <10 in the summer. The only time it's gone over that is when my wood pellet stove broke and I had to use space heaters. It's a geodesic dome so the angle of the roof shouldn't be a problem at all. As for the age, it was listed as being built in 2003, but the appraisal said 2005, so I'm just gonna average that and call it 2004.

I think those were all the questions, right?
samerickson89 is offline   Reply With Quote