View Single Post
Old 08-28-14, 07:24 AM   #176
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Good write up I will address some of the issue you talk about here.
The gree iFeel where it adjusts the room temp to where you have the remote. It does something here but I don’t like the results. The temps stays better or more consistent when you don’t use it.

We really like we don’t have the temp swings. When we used our natural gas heat we really had temp swings.

The Gree unit gets this wooshes a couple times a night when it is pretty cold out. The LG units don’t seem as bad here but they are not in my bedroom so I might not notice it as much. When we ran the gas heat the high blower motor was not quite when it kicked on at all. But I put a green blower motor in and it does a soft start this helps and being so loud starting up.

I do not get wooshes in the summer at all from either unit. My humidity stays higher than before just a little higher I might try the dehumidifier mode.
LG units seem to get into the defrost more than the Gree but the Gree can heat to a lower temp.

The Gree unit I installed on a pad this has the defrost water go on the pad and it can build up. The LG I installed on two blocks and this drops the water on the ground and this works better. Both my units get good sun so they melt off most days. We don’t get much snow here so that is not an issue here.
I will be installing the new Gree’s on cement blocks.

The one thing I really miss is my Wi-Fi thermostat. I see some Samsung units allowing you to control them by your phone. I would really like this. The bedroom is no big deal in the summer we leave it one temp all summer. In the winter I adjust it up and down. The LG units we adjust up and down every day and night it adjust 2 deg at a time I do not like this very much.

When it is warmer these are cheaper to heat with but when it is real cold natural gas is cheaper to heat with if I did not have solar power. With extra solar power these units give me the ability to use extra power I am carrying forward to heat with it. Now I have a way to heat with this extra power so I am heating for free or no additional cost this helps us look past the small issues.

Mini splits really don’t have issues when in cooling mode and they save so much power in this mode. In states like FL they would be just amazing.
I really want to get closer to netzero and these units should really help me get there.

Last edited by pinballlooking; 09-03-14 at 12:34 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote