View Single Post
Old 12-24-12, 11:11 PM   #34
rhizomatic
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeric View Post
Hi Rhizomatic,
It sounds like you're making good progress compared to me. I wish mine was moving as fast. I'm still building my interior 2x2 wall and finishing up electrical work. All the rooms are uninsulated and open to the cold except my bedroom, in which I'm holed up. A fairly miserable existence right now. I try to take comfort that I have a fairly ambitious plan going and that it will be very nice once its done. But if I had a family living here now they would all be filing divorce papers, including the dog.

You have me a little worried about finding or renting a good cellulose dense packer. I don't even have Angie's list for my area as it's in the boondocks. I plan on putting up netting stapled to the inner wall (once its finished) so I can see how its packing.
I feel like I'm moving at a snail's pace, actually. But thanks. Sounds like you are hunkered down for the season. It'll pay off to put your "sweat equity" ("chill equity"?) into the project. I have multiple inlaws who did what you are doing. All three have great houses now. When we're chilly in this house without heat (yet) we remind ourselves of that family tradition. Hang in there! And Merry Christmas!
rhizomatic is offline   Reply With Quote