View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 05:29 PM   #6
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Well, I am running out of time on this. I ended up going with a Steca 0301 U. I basically went with this due to limited availability of other name brand controllers, and my need to have one soon. I was hoping to find something with data logging so I could evaluate how the system is working. Perhaps that'll be something to upgrade to in the future.
I believe my controller is a resol as well.
The one you chose is fine..

The resol has some a few more benes then the less expensive ones but they all basically do the same important things.
Turn the pump on when the collector is hotter then the storage tank water.
Bingo.. you're done. Ha

The one I have runs the pump at high speed for about 5 seconds to help push the water up to the roof and thru the collectors.
The second the water begins retrieving from the roof the pump speed drops down to a slower speed which allows the water going thru the collectors to pick up a little more heat from the collector headers. I'm using evacuated tube collectors. (ONLY WAY TO GO, I love these things)

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote