View Single Post
Old 01-27-09, 01:03 PM   #59
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Update:

Capacitor needed?

I got one reply to the previous post's question on the Xantrex forum (Xantrex Forums: XPower Plug 175w + pedal generator: battery req'd? ) suggesting I should be using a capacitor (or battery), but didn't say whether it was strictly necessary.

Tire wear!

On another note: I have noticed the generator hub is starting to wear out the sidewall of the tire. So I'll need to take action to prevent that, even though the tread was already pretty worn out for trail riding purposes.

Using it regularly.

I've been using it maybe 1/2 hour a day on average. It's hooked up to a little radio that comes on when I start pedalling. Sometimes I use it to power the laptop to watch or listen to stuff too. (Appropriately, last night I used it while watching: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/energy/program.html )

Still charging up the junk battery I got. Its resting voltage is in the low 12.5 range now.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote