View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 07:24 AM   #1
fabieville
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Voltage Regulator Circuit needed for a wind turbine

I am seeking a voltage regulator for my windblue 540 wind turbine. I am planning to run my wind turbine to a regular solar charge controller instead of using a dump load controller. What i am planning to achieve is that when the turbine is spinning if the voltage goes up to a point that the solar charge controller cannot handle it then the circuit would shorts the wind turbine output for a brief peroid which would cause significant drag which would make the wind turbine slow down plus harder to spin and then the circuit would release after a peroid which would be adjustable in the circuit allowing it to spin again and start feeding the charge controller. This would also serve as a braking system so that the wind turbine would not get to overspin making the dump load not necessary. I was thinking about using a timer circuit IC LM555 that would regulate how long the circuit would keep the wind turbine output shorted before releasing it again.

So if anyone has a circuit that can make this happen I would be very happy to get the schematic.
I anxiously await your comments/suggestions.

fabieville is offline   Reply With Quote