View Single Post
Old 12-24-11, 11:35 AM   #8
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Let me know what you think! I've got some seriously good information up, Videos too!
Solar,

I think your blog is a great idea, I'm glad you're doing it and I have it bookmarked.

Don't worry about the detractors, you have science on your side.

The oil companies have spent a huge amount of money to propagandize disinformation, because the longer they can delay large scale solutions, the more money they will make. The big tobacco companies did the same thing, all the while knowing that there was clear scientific evidence between smoking and serious health problems. It's all coming out of the same play-book, in some cases even the same people and the same firms are being brought in to create disinformation.

It's all a money game, more stalling = more profits.

So, as wrong as it is, you can understand why big oil and others who would also directly profit from the disinformation, do it. They will make more money.

The frustrating part is the people of lower means and lower education, who will be harmed by the effects of ignoring the link between our industrial culture and the health of our planet. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose, and still they persist... As far as Big Oil and it's corporate brothers are concerned, these people are useful idiots, they don't really understand their part in the greater game, but they play their part for the benefit of Big Oil.

As to the folks who buy into the disinformation, you shouldn't waste your time on reasoned conversation for their sake. It simply will not work... I know, I have tried.

Some people are embarrassed by their ignorance, these people are proud of it.

Solar, I wish you the best in what you are doing. Keep up the good work, I'm sure it will lead you in a very interesting direction.

-AC_Hacker
NeilBlanchard (01-01-12)