View Single Post
Old 12-24-11, 08:08 AM   #6
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

Claiming that global warming is not real because the day to day weather in your area seems pretty stable is a common cop out.
The big affects that global warming, climate change or whatever you want to call it, has, is the larger over all weather patterns and a shift like this can have larger affects on tropical storms, on weather that makes it possible for us to grow food and other big pitcher issues, but as I pointed out, the most devastating affects tend to be for people who live in poorer areas and we've shown time and time again that poor people don't matter, there for climate change is not an issue.
Now if it was affecting rich people, that would be an issue that we would have to take care of, of course.
But as I see it, it's a self fixing problem, we have 7 billion people and if a few die off because of food shortages due to weather, oh well, if coastal cities are destroyed, it's an act of god (with a little nudge from us), so as long as climate change's affects are on the poorest of those 7 billion people I don't see any issue with scoffing at it, I can handle it being a few degrees warmer, or having to shovel my sidewalk an extra time or two, we'll show them.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote