View Single Post
Old 12-18-13, 10:48 AM   #1635
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
I thought this was an interesting site dealing with heat pumps, alternative energy inputs and heat distribution...
I agree, the install manual is definitely a keeper (I saved a copy into my Alternative Energy trove).

Looks like the heart of the system is a very high performance thermal storage tank like these:

(From THIS PAGE)

Adn also...
(From THIS PAGE)

And also...
(From THIS PAGE)

These tanks are really very well designed, superb insulation, and great care given to the coils that are inside the tanks.

I bought a similar tank from a guy down the street (stainless steel, $20), but it is smallish (40 gal), was for natural gas, and not designed for low temperature heating, so the coils inside the tank are too big and too few to do me much good... I am considering cutting it open and installing some coils (smaller diameter, and more turns) that would be better suited for low Delta-T. It is worth noting how aware these designs are of temperature stratification, and how to use it to maximum advantage.

Acuario, were the tanks you used, specifically meant for thermal storage? Do they seem to have enough storage volume for your needs?

Best,

-AC

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 12-18-13 at 10:53 AM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote