View Single Post
Old 03-28-12, 11:52 AM   #33
Daox
Administrator

After talking with a bunch of people about windows I ended up ordering a pair of Serious Windows the other day for my office remodel. The remodel of the office is kind of my trial run of what I will be doing to my upstairs which has single pane windows and virtually no insulation. For this room I kind of wanted to go all out. So, I went with their 925 series which is the 2nd highest model they have. They are the high solar heat gain version since I'm adding the windows to the room to brighten it up. They are 30" x 60" casement windows. The r-value is 6.3 which is about roughly twice what a normal energy star window is. The cost was very high, just over $1k per window. I haven't bothered even trying to calculate ROI vs a different window. I just kept thinking about things and these windows could very well be here in another 50 years. In any case, I'm looking forward to compairing these windows with my existing newer windows in the house. I'll be sure to snap a bunch of pictures when I get them and when I'm installing them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote