View Single Post
Old 12-31-16, 11:53 AM   #125
where2
DIY Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
I did some experimenting and where2 you are exactly right! The meter only goes up even when I am clearly making more power than I'm using. You can see the little direction indicator reverse itself, but the meter only tallies up so I am being charged to generate right now!!
Exactly how my original unit behaved. Despite being capable of running two different tallies, my power company installed a completely different brand of smart meter when I received my net meter, and manually stopped by each month to log it for over a year until they installed infrastructure to receive it's data remotely. This unit keeps two tallies: one labeled DEL, one labeled REC. On my monthly bill, the increase in DEL from the previous month less the increase in REC from the previous month determines my use. Nowhere on my bill does it show what my REC accumulation total was the month before. I've had to track that separately in a spreadsheet.

That "only tallies forward" programming is why they recommend you only run your system for testing purposes until they swap your meter. Try not to "pay" to have too many kWh hauled away, while you wait.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
Roostre (12-31-16)