View Single Post
Old 01-19-16, 07:50 AM   #112
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The Bolt will not be for everybody. If you want to have only one car and you go on vacation and not rent a car for vacation the Volt is a better choice. We drive to NC and GA in the Volt the Bolt can’t easily do those trips. My wife has days she drive over 200 miles but sense we have a Tahoe we could switch cars on those days.

EV’s will not make sense for everyone. Used Volts and other EV are way down in price. When you go to the Volt forum only a small percent of the buyers buy because of savings. Fun quite drive and the environment are much higher that savings.

I have a GM credit card and the send me incentives. The deal when I bought my car.
$9,000 Off MSRP- Rebates Total $6,000 + dealer discount (GM card top off $3,000 + preferred $1,000) $2,000 GM rebate
$9500Tax credits (fed $7500 SC state $2,000)
When you take $18,500 off the price it does not seem as bad anymore. Plus 0% for 72 months.

I don’t have a lot of deductions so I really loved not paying so much into the tax man for a year.

Even at the gas prices right now we still save a fair amount each month but we drive a lot more than most people. As always the more you spend the more you have to save.
There are saving there when you add solar to the mix. I save more on gas each month than elect. Even at today’s prices. I do not think these prices will last.

But I do find it funny that as soon as prices went down large SUV sales went through the roof. Some of those same people will be locked into a large SUV when gas pieces are back up. Some of them will not be able to afford to drive them. But I say the majority of people if not all on here do not fall into that trap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 06-16-16 at 03:12 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote