View Single Post
Old 08-05-15, 10:22 AM   #256
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I really like this guy’s greenhouse designs.

Here is a quote from their site.

"Our passive solar greenhouses are 100% sustainable. They perform on their own year round with absolutely no fossil fuel, we don't even have to plug in a fan. Stored water, balanced design, double glazing and natural convection are just some of the ways to greenhouse freedom. Once you've built one of our greenhouses, you will see that it begins to work for you - not the other way around. NO FUEL BILL. Our greenhouses have brought tomatoes through 31 below zero - the greatest test we could make. If your plans need the greenhouse to do more than that - you can add active solar or other ways to tap into nature's way of heating and cooling the earth. "

Latest Greenhouses - Penn and Cord's Garden

It uses natural ventilation instead of fans to vent.
It looks like it would work very nice for me.
I am thinking about making it 16’ instead of 14’ wide. This would allow me to put one more row of 55 gallon drums in front of the plants. The plants would not be so close to hot and cold glazing.
I can see he is using door hinges on the back vent but the front vent I can’t quite make out what he is using. (The front vent looks like a steel frame with a piano hinge.) This one looks like is has something above it to maybe catch snow I would not need that.

The vents are auto vents.
I have contacted him to see if he would sell me the plans.
Attached Images

Last edited by pinballlooking; 08-05-15 at 06:18 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote