View Single Post
Old 07-31-14, 08:57 AM   #52
takyka
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Wait a moment with defrosting! :eek:

Do you have any metering device (capillary tube, txv, whatever) towards the BPHX for reverse operation during defrosting? If not, in defrost operation you you will flood your evaporator (BPHX) and liquid will run into your compressor!

Another weak point of your setup , The Split AC in first place is designed for cooling. (as I recognise from your previous pictures)The small diameter pipe takes now the hot gas from compressor to BPHX (condenser). And the bigger diameter pipe takes the liquid back to evaporator. Because the vapor has 1000x the volume of liquid, there is big pressure drop. Causing your compressor has to work harder. I would swap the lines for better efficiency.

About superheat, subcool. Take a look on your pressure gauge. There is a pressure and (more) temperature scale(s). What we see on the picture, your R410 has the pressure roughly 350psi and on the temperature (for R410) scale 45°C. Your superheat is the difference between temperature derived from pressure, and the actual measured temperature.

But I see some problem on your last attached picture. The blue gauge does not shows the evaporator pressure! It shows the pressure front of your metering device. From that we can't get any more info, just your subcool is arround 12°C (45-33). It is simply on the wrong side of capillary tube or txv!

Please make a sketch about your system, and mark where you measure what. That would help us to understand what's going there.

T.
takyka is offline   Reply With Quote