View Single Post
Old 08-24-16, 10:29 AM   #37
oil pan 4
Land owner

Yesterday it rained and then the sun came out in full force. So finely a realistic test.
I had the window unit going, I wanted to compare the point that the window unit cant handle it and turning on the split to see how big of a difference there was.
My wife says during the peak of summer which I already missed it would get above 75F in the room during they day while she was trying to sleep. Yesterday it got up to 73 which is normally fine but it was very humid because it just rained.
So I turned the window unit off turned the split unit on and set it to 67 just to see what would happen. In about 5 minutes it was 67 and my wife was wanted me to put it on a higher setting because in that time it had acheaved the set point.

What we had been doing on her days off if we were to go some where we would leave the window unit running all the time because if it gets behind it cant keep up.
If I were to turn the window unit off and say it were to get up to 88'F in the room, come home and turn the window unit on it might cool the bedroom down to 80'F while the sun is up. I think this split unit would cool it from 88 to 70 in maybe 10 minutes.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
jeff5may (08-24-16)