View Single Post
Old 06-29-12, 08:28 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

I'd have to disagree pretty much completely. Not only does conservation at home save me a good chunk of money, but you also have to start somewhere to see the effect spread. It all starts with educating people on the effects of what they do.

Hotels cater to what their clients want. If you don't teach people that conservation is important at home how will people have any idea that a hotel is wasting water at a rediculous rate? How will the clients or management know? They won't, and that means they'll do things like they've always been done and not even think twice about it. Over the past couple of years I've seen hotels start to use water conservation (hang up your towel = don't wash it every day), and shower heads with non-rediculous flow rates. To say no progress has been made here would be a mistake.

I'm not sure about New Mexico, but businesses here all recycle a lot of stuff. All the offices I've been in have paper recycling. I work at a place that does a lot of work with steel and of course we recycle the scrap, its worth money.

Lastly, if you are going to rant that is fine. But, do not insult the members of this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 06-29-12 at 08:31 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
herlichka (07-01-12), Ryland (06-29-12), strider3700 (06-30-12)