View Single Post
Old 08-21-11, 07:46 PM   #17
dh1
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Update

I got the 38" deck stripped and cleaned up a bit, mounted the 2 electric motors with the blades and it looks like this setup is going to work.
It was easier to mount the motors to this deck as I did not have to enlarge the big holes where the spindles were but I did have to space them up a bit as they hang down to far, about 1/2" to low.
Blade clearance tip to tip is tight, I think I'm going to have to move the motors 1/4" away from each other, so each one 1/8" outward should do it. There is enough clearance all around between the blade and the deck to do this.
I powered up each motor individually first with 12volts then with 24volts, I used 2- 12volt, 34amp/hr lawn tractor battery's and I notice that they spin up to speed faster than the original battery's that come with the cordless mower.
I measured amps at 24volts and got about 20amps + draw running at full speed no load, just the blades turning. So the pair of them are going to draw 40-45amps together???
I bought a multimeter with a 20amp DC range on it but it's useless, the leads heat up right away the the numbers displayed make no sense.
I uses an old round amp meter I had, -15* 0* +15. The needle goes farther when the motors are stating up and levels off to what you see in the picture.
Attached Images

dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dh1 For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-03-11)