View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 08:51 PM   #7
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

The panels I can get are not huge. They can be easily moved and installed by one person though.

I have a different panel, which I bought used, which is 4'x10' - that one will be used on my house for my solar hot water system.

I don't have fantastic solar access at my house, so it would be difficult to set up all these panels for heating my house. However, I might be able to mount a number of them on my detatched garage roof to help make the garage into heated space.

These panels have the glazing - it appears to be tempered low-iron glass. I have one of the "gaskets" - a rubber strip that goes around the outside edge of the glass and seals up the space between the glass and the aluminum frame.

I did have this solar panel just leaned up against the side of my garage. I had to chip away a lot of ice to get the gasket...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote