View Single Post
Old 05-07-12, 09:03 AM   #23
Daox
Administrator

I finally got my first good test of the drainage system. This past weekend was very rainy. I'm not exactly sure how much rain we got, but it was a decent amount. Friday specifically we had a torential downpour with hail. When I got home from work I went to check the basement to see how the drain tile was holding up. I had one very small puddle in one area of the basement. It was gone the next day due to the now dry basement. If this is the worst it gets I'll be quite happy.

I'll probably hang on to the dehumidifier for a while longer, but it hasn't been plugged in since we did the work. In summer that means a good 1kWh less energy usage per day! My current average (with electric water heater) is 14-15 kWh/day so thats a solid 7% electric usage reduction all summer long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 05-07-12 at 09:20 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote