Thread: Mini HPWH
View Single Post
Old 06-14-16, 06:16 AM   #43
IdleMind
Helper EcoRenovator

Thank you guys both for your comments. I kinda understand it, but still need to read it over a few more times to absorb it all. My next move will be to add some more propane and retest, it's all set up and that is the easiest move. I also have a small fan and will see if I can find a way to mount it.

Here's how I take the data. I have 2 thermocouple readers that take 2 thermocouples each. I have colored the connectors red, blue, green, black so I don't mix them up when taking data. I don't have a data logger so I am just writing the numbers on paper and later entering them into a spreadsheet. A watt meter is plugged into the wall and it shows elapsed time.

As the elapsed time approaches a minute mark I write down the time and 10 sec before the minute I start taking data. I read the red & green temps and write them down, then the blue and black, then I read & record the pressures, and then the watts. The data is not all taken at the exact time, but it is always shifted by the same amount.

Later I copy it into a spreadsheet and look up the temps that correspond to the pressures and enter those. The spreadsheet does the math to get SC, SH, and temp rise rate. Now that it is in a spreadsheet I can make charts to help visualize and smooth out the data
IdleMind is offline   Reply With Quote