View Single Post
Old 11-05-12, 12:06 AM   #26
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

Small update: The boiler is working just fine I'm getting about 1-1.5 liters of condensate for each on cycle (2-3 cycles per day with this weather). I found out that each liter of condensate is worth more than 0.6 kWh of extracted heat It too early to see how much more efficient this boiler is, though.

I'd like to have the condensate collect in a barrel to use for flushing during the winter, when we have no rain water, but I'll have to ask the family if they are willing to cooperate.

I moved the temperature sensors inside the boiler, in fact inside the closed space around the combustion chamber, but they are still showing funny data. They are under insulation wrapped around the copper tubes, less than a centimeter from the boiler's temp sensors. Yet my sensors still show lower numbers, for example when the boiler claims supply/return to be 50/38°C then I'm seeing 42/32°C, but when the boiler is off and everything cools down to 14-25°C, then both sets of the sensors show the same temperature.