View Single Post
Old 09-04-16, 02:48 PM   #9
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Both manufacturers have their casual use lines and their tough as nails lines. Your modus operandi will dictate what to buy. The casual lines are much cheaper, the tough ones will last much longer.

I prefer tough tools. Such is the road: durable tools last through many projects and the lesser products just make it take longer to get stuff done . If the project is small, it can be done with one battery. I tend to do big, time consuming jobs, so toys tend to die trying to finish the day. I'm with Randen on this one: the old, heavy blue Makita and green Bosch drills (corded or cordless) are what I fall back on when the new, lighter, hotrod lithium ones go south.

A tool you can rely on forever is hard to justify economically. How much do I make doing my day job? What is my time worth to fuss with this and that? How will this tool affect the build quality? YMMV. When I climb that ladder to drive hundreds of fasteners at heights, or crawl into that access door to drill holes in the downlow, I pack the brute.

Last edited by jeff5may; 10-18-16 at 11:37 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote