View Single Post
Old 08-29-19, 08:13 AM   #35
Daox
Administrator

Tape! That sounds easier than glue. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Thanks!

As for how to go about things. Is it better practice to make individual heat sinks, or one larger one? The diode and transistor are the same height, so I could combine that heatsink. But the inductor is higher, so it will need it's own anyways.

I also checked out the datasheet for the charge controller chip. It says "In constant current charge mode, the charge current is set by the external sense resistor Rcs and an internal 200mV reference, so the charge current equals to 200mV / Rcs." I traced the pin and it looks like that big R100 resistor is our Rcs. 200/100=2 so that makes sense. I'll need to replace it with a 40 ohm resistor to get the full 5A out of it. However, I am hesitant to go the full 5A because of how hot it is already getting. Should I be concerned, or is it okay to have things run that hot?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote