View Single Post
Old 03-21-16, 11:50 AM   #513
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We just went over 50k solar powered miles EV miles in our Chevy Volt.
Only one oil change so far. No matter what the cost of gas is this saving really adds up.
You cannot get much cleaner driving maybe a bicycle. I am amazed at what can be done with sun power.

We have not run our natural gas heater in two years. We have not run our 4 ton AC in two years. The Mini splits are just so much more efficient and powered by the sun.

Since adding solar power everything we buy it is like how much power does it use. Is there something that uses less power or less standby power. It has really changed how we shop for powered items.

I know a lot of you were already doing this and the more people that do this the more choices we will have.

I am thankful every day for our solar power and the chance to make a small difference.

I signed up for their new metering program. I still get zeroed out at the March 1 but now get a check for the avoided cost. That cost is 0.049 cents we pay about 0.10 retail.
But it is better than nothing.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-21-16 at 12:50 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (03-21-16)