View Single Post
Old 05-13-14, 03:51 PM   #50
Daox
Administrator

I updated the code to add some additional smoothing functionality. Now, the program will compare each of the 10 sensor readings to the average of the last set of sensor readings. If the temperature varies more then 2 degrees Celsius, it sets that reading back to the average. After all the sensor readings have been evaluated, a new average is calculated. Seeing as how this sensor is in the attic, I don't think the temp swings should be that drastic. However, on the off chance that the temperature actually did jump up more than two degrees C, I added code to bypass the smoothing function and calculate the new average. This is also keeping in mind that this programming will be used in the future for other purposes that might have faster temperature swings.

I'll see how this new code works over the next few days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote