View Single Post
Old 09-21-10, 09:22 AM   #12
Daox
Administrator

I did this again last night. I wasn't very sunny yesterday, but the attic was still 72 and the upstairs was 66. So, I wanted to see what a 6 degree difference would do to me. ~2 hrs later the upstairs was 67.5 and attic was ~70. With so little temperature differential I didn't think there was much benefit, but I was happy to see the temp go up 1.5 degrees.

So, going forward I'm thinking of improving the setup. I think the next easy step would be to move the fan into the attic and set it on top of the cutoff chimney. I recently bought a remote outlet control for another project, but I'm thinking it would be perfect here for manual control. When I notice its warm up there, I flick it on and have warm air blowing down into my kitchen. Of course I'll need to unblock the previously blocked hole.

Ideas, thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 09-21-10 at 09:49 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote