View Single Post
Old 12-11-12, 09:57 AM   #47
GaryGary
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Hi,

Went through the 24 pages of stuff on the HRV -- interesting.

Couple of thoughts/questions relative to the dryer heat recovery.

- It seems like the Coroplast HX by Besant that I posted earlier would work nicely for the dryer and be relatively easy and cheap to do. But, I wonder about fire safety -- there are lots of dryer fires every year. When the dryer is operating normally, the exhaust temps are well with within the Coroplast OK range, but I guess a partial blockage could raise the temperatures. I would think that dryers have an overtemperature shutdown?
Its not so much that I would worry about a fire on ours as we keep after the lint filter, but I'd like to do a design that does not have any issues.

- The Dave M. HX that uses alum sheets seems like a good design -- perhaps a little more expensive, but efficient and does not have the fire issue?

- Also like the coaxial pipes, but I don't really have the length to do that, and we should get a reading on how well it works when Trekker builds his.

- This is probably my ignorance, but I don't see why the filter is a big obstacle? It seems like a filter in the entry plenum of the HX could do a good job of getting the lint and also hep spread the airflow out to all the passages more evenly?

Gary
GaryGary is offline   Reply With Quote