View Single Post
Old 12-07-20, 01:39 PM   #89
Daox
Administrator

I've been making and selling a few things. One fun one that is a bit more recent is a cooling modification for the old playstation 2 gaming console. Since transitioning from a normal 9-5 engineering job to running my own business, I've found some time to get back into gaming. I dug out some of the old consoles and PS2 was always a favorite of mine. However, I immediately noticed how noisy it was. So, I jumped on google and found a guy who hot glued a Noctua (high quality and quiet) fan into his console. It was ugly, but worked very well. So, I decided to 3d print a new back panel that cleanly houses the new fan. I also was able to make up a little jumper cable to go from the 3 pin to 2 pin fan plug on the PS2 board with the help of you guys here! Big thanks. So, here it is. Doesn't look too fancy, but it works really nice. You can't even tell the console is on except when the disc spins up.

In the odd event that one of you are into retro gaming and interested, below are links where you can buy them:

eBay
Amazon

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (12-07-20)