View Single Post
Old 01-13-17, 03:37 PM   #25
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

You are way past me . The 2nd MS we installed in our bedroom is just a 16 SEER . 11,600 or 11,800 BTU .

I 100% agree with Xinger . If the system has leaked to zero psi , I can see no need for recovery equipment .

Just guessing , but I think the less refrigerant the MS holds , the more critical it is to weigh the charge of refrigerant ?

I think I first purchased Nylog Blue for automotive R134a then used it for R410a . The make Nylog Red for refrigerants that use mineral oil .

I suspect , as long as I keep the little squeeze bottle capped properly , it will last a long time in storage .

So , you are going to take the IDU off the wall , disconnect the line set and take the IDU down to work on it ? And replace the evaporator coil in the original system ? Then put everything back together ?

Not sure how your line set is run / installed . Reversing the process on either of my MS's , to disconnect the line set from the IDU would be a chore .

If your MS had 100% leaked out & moisture / air entered the system , seems to me you need to purge the system really well with dry nitrogen to try to flush out as much moisture as you can . Then do a really good job of vacuuming the system .

I think I would look into replacing / adding a new filter dryer while flowing dry nitrogen through the dryer . Then quickly get the system buttoned up .

Wish you all the luck in the world & please keep us updated .

God bless
Wyr
WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote