Thread: Cistern
View Single Post
Old 10-25-17, 11:51 AM   #33
oil pan 4
Land owner

At some point I would like to have a stationary backup 1800rpm, liquid cooled kubota diesel generator . I have even been looking for an old timey cast iron radiator to put in the house to cool engine coolant. The only exhaust turbines proven to work are turbo chargers. A turbo charger on a diesel engine will improve fuel economy by 10% to 20%. For 1L kubota I would use a K03 turbo or RHB21 turbo.
I am actually planning on turbo charging my 2cyl 700cc kubota tractor, I will know for sure which turbo to use after this.
For stationary engine exhausted coolers I was going to use large diesel truck EGR coolers since extracting heat from exhaust is precisely what they were designed to do, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Right now I have 2 generators. Both 3600rpm gas guzzlers. One is 7kw and the other is 17.5kw.
To get lower voltage DC I was probably going to take a GM DR44G alternator and convert it to external rectification and excitation and power it with a Honda GX200 engine.

My highly proprietary 1.6kw industrial/municipal UV tubes generate ozone. Ozone's half life is about 90 minutes. The peak spectrum is 256nm, think of it like the radiation that keeps on killing.
I was planning on running a bubbler when the UV system is powered up to increase the amount of ozone.
It uses so much power I will not run it all the time, just as needed, which is still to be determine.

I already have the perfect spot picked out for the tank.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote