View Single Post
Old 03-05-15, 01:03 PM   #15
theoldwizard1
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
"Optimal" by what measure? Yes, it is possible to build a loop field that will do what you are asking for, but it will be expensive... maybe more expensive than you are willing to pay.
If the specs on my GSHP showed CoP falling off below 4C, I would surely want a field that could produce above 4C !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
The information is all there for you to design and build a loopfield that will function correctly at the lowest price point, if that is what you want, or you can design and install a loop field that will meet a criteria such as you have set... or anyplace in between.

If you bought every book they have, it would cost you $692, if you joined IGSHPA, it would be cheaper. Then you would have at your disposal more knowledge than anyone you could ever hire.

Why waste your time with fantasies of escrow, when you can take full responsibility, and become the very best designer?

Best,

-AC
Thank you !

Although I would likely never install a loop field, I would rather PAY for ACCURATE knowledge then what people with a keyboard (and too much time on their hands) espouse as "truth".

This (and my other recent thread) all started because a person on another forum was complaining about poor heating performance of his GSHP. He finally admitted that is inlet water was -10C and he felt that was "typical" in winter in the midwest US.
theoldwizard1 is offline   Reply With Quote