View Single Post
Old 12-14-11, 03:13 PM   #8
doonboggle
Lurking Renovator

While still in Travis county, more closer to Elgin (Bastrop county) than Austin; just to clarify.

Anywhoo ... our kitchen faucet these days 'seems' to be ice cold for estimated 1 gallon or more in the morning. Also at nite, when ready for shower, same effect.

Just got water bill yesterday, and was SURPRISED ... to say the least. Only recently moved here from Nevada, where H2o was not a problem; river right thru the community.

Here in Elgin, after 6-7 years of horrific drought, seems the 'powers to be' have VERY increased the cost of H2O by estimated 25% or more ... thus my concern ... while heating fuel ... here in 'warm' Texas ... does not seem to be out of handle ... IMO that is.

So definitely looking for a way to stop wasting water in morning ... and nite ... and during the day as well. Being on SSI ... with no pay raise in 3 years, thanks to 'O' in DC ... is tough these days of escalation items.
TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
I once stayed in the "guest house" during a visit to my rich uncle in SAT,
my bathroom had one of those instant heaters under the sink..

I got up all groggy, real early in the morning, turned on the tap and quickly
tossed a big double handful of scalding hot water into my face!
WOW, boiling water sure has a way of waking you right up!!

Anyways, isn't the water sitting inside the pipes in Austin already about 70 to 86 deg F??

When I was a kid in Del Rio, we would run about a gallon of warm water down
the drain before getting a glass of slightly cool water.

Here, the 'Hot' water out of our kitchen sink tap feels like it just came out of
the refrigerator water bottle.. It slowly warms up after about a gallon..
I never should have used that extra 3/4" copper to replace the old 1/2" stuff..
doonboggle is offline   Reply With Quote