View Single Post
Old 12-20-14, 02:39 AM   #10
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

If I wanted a premade system, I could do one of two things to save myself gobs of cash:

1. Find a used system on the internet from a private seller or enterprising HVAC contractor, do most of the labor to install, and have a moonlighting contractor commission the system.

2. Call parts houses pricing new units, find a bargain, and have them shipped to my door. Follow option 1 to install.

I understand that an HVAC tech spent lots of money and time to learn the trade, but I'm not willing to pay double for my system components, plus 500 dollars a day for labor. Sorry, find someone rich and lazy.

While I understand your reasoning, you are obviously in the wrong forum. Where you want to be is the refrigeration engineer or the hvac talk forum to bash people for doing what we speak of here. There, you will find like-minded professionals who will support your opinions.

If I ever get in over my head on a project that isn't an experiment, all I have to do is pick up a phone book. I can immediately find one of you to come save me for a price. As to the nature of these calls I ever make, they usually involve things like sledgehammers and shovels and crawling around in the tight wet darkness.

Last edited by jeff5may; 12-20-14 at 03:50 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote